By Noureddine Benkeblia
Increased global inhabitants, diminished water offer, and weather swap all placed stresses at the worldwide meals provide. An exploration of the demanding situations and attainable recommendations to enhance yields of the most vegetation, akin to cereals, roots, tubers, and grasses, Omics applied sciences and Crop Improvement studies facts on nutrition sciences and omics. The ebook covers sleek omic applied sciences resembling nutrigenomics and metagenomics. It offers a close exam of the way omics may also help crop technology and horticulture and introduces the advantages of utilizing those applied sciences to extend crop yields and different beneficial properties comparable to resistance and dietary values.
The ebook highlights crop advancements akin to elevated yield, drought resistance, illness resistance, and value-added functionality via a non-transgenic structure. It explores how the various omics applied sciences, specially the newest ones (proteomics, metabolomics, nutrigenomics, ionomics, and metagenomics) will be used to enhance the quantitative and qualitative beneficial properties of crop vegetation. issues coated include:
- Advances in omics for enhanced clean crops
- Transcriptome analyses at the drought reaction utilizing drought tolerant close to isogenic lines
- Metabolite profiling that finds varied results of nitrogen amendments on vegetables
- Omics expertise software to forage vegetation improvement
- Secondary metabolites and plant tissue culture
- RNAi expertise and crop improvement
- Gene expression research tools with NGS data
- Web database assets and plants improvement
- Gene Expression Networks (GEN) in crops
- Specific crop development (papaya, wheat, espresso, potato, and more)
With contributions from pioneering researchers from twelve nations, the e-book provides a vast view of ways omics may support crop technology and horticulture meet the demanding situations of a shrinking international meals offer for a burgeoning worldwide inhabitants.
Read or Download Omics Technologies and Crop Improvement PDF
Similar molecular biology books
Proposing purposes in medical improvement, pharmacokinetic/ pharmacodynamic modelling and scientific trial simulation, this reference stories the function of biomarkers in winning drug formula and development.
The pathways and networks underlying organic functionality Now in its moment version, Biochemical Pathways maintains to garner compliment from scholars, teachers, and researchers for its transparent, full-color illustrations of the pathways and networks that verify organic functionality. Biochemical Pathways examines the biochemistry of micro organism, vegetation, and animals.
Colorectal melanoma is the 3rd commonest melanoma all over the world, and in lots of components of the western international, it's the moment major explanation for cancer-related deaths. This booklet covers colon melanoma metastasis from the main primary features to scientific perform. significant issues comprise physiopathology, genetic and epigenetic controls, melanoma starting up cells, epithelial-mesenchymal transition, progress components and signalling, mobile adhesion, natures of liver metastasis, angiogenesis and lymphangiogenesis, inflammatory reaction, prognostic markers, sentinel node and staging, and at last analysis and remedy.
Stochastic kinetic tools are presently thought of to be the main lifelike and stylish technique of representing and simulating the dynamics of biochemical and organic networks. Deterministic as opposed to stochastic modelling in biochemistry and structures biology introduces and seriously reports the deterministic and stochastic foundations of biochemical kinetics, protecting utilized stochastic technique concept for program within the box of modelling and simulation of organic procedures on the molecular scale.
- Banana Breeding: Progress and Challenges
- Production of Membrane Proteins: Strategies for Expression and Isolation
- The Proteasomal System in Aging and Disease: 109 (Progress in Molecular Biology and Translational Science)
- Forensic Biology, Second Edition
- Oxidative Stress in Aging: From Model Systems to Human Diseases (Aging Medicine)
Extra resources for Omics Technologies and Crop Improvement
Omics Technologies and Crop Improvement by Noureddine Benkeblia