By J. Grix
Read Online or Download Leveraging Legacies from Sports Mega-Events: Concepts and Cases (Palgrave Pivot) PDF
Similar sociology of sports books
This e-book tackles problems with globalization within the English optimum League and unpicks what this implies to fan teams world wide, drawing upon a range of sociological theories to inform the tale of the neighborhood and worldwide repertoires of motion emanating from the preferred protests at Liverpool and Manchester United soccer golf equipment.
With a world line-up of members, this book examines demanding situations to racism in and during game. It addresses the several brokers of swap within the context of wider socio-political shifts and explores problems with coverage formation, practices in recreation and anti-racism in activity, and the problem to activity this present day.
This e-book examines the effect of the 2008 Beijing Olympics and the 2012 London Olympic video games and highlights the newest? findings? within the components of recreation coverage, elite activities system,? activity media, recreation facility administration? and recreation social? improvement in? the 2 host nations - China and Britain. ?
From coast to coast, hockey is performed, watched, enjoyed, and detested, however it capacity anything various in Quebec. even though a lot of English Canada believes that hockey is a fanatically social unifier within the French-speaking province, in fact it has consistently been politicized, divided, and by means of faith, category, gender, and language.
- Sport and the Neoliberal University: Profit, Politics, and Pedagogy (The American Campus)
- The Athlete's Dilemma: Sacrificing Health for Wealth and Fame
- Cricket and National Identity in the Postcolonial Age: Following On
- Sport in the Pacific: Colonial and Postcolonial Consequences (Sport in the Global Society - Historical perspectives)
- Das sowjetische Fieber: Fußballfans im poststalinistischen Vielvölkerreich (Soviet and Post-Soviet Politics and Society 136) (German Edition)
- The Metrosexual: Gender, Sexuality, and Sport (SUNY series on Sport, Culture, and Social Relations)
Additional info for Leveraging Legacies from Sports Mega-Events: Concepts and Cases (Palgrave Pivot)
Leveraging Legacies from Sports Mega-Events: Concepts and Cases (Palgrave Pivot) by J. Grix