By Karl Spracklen
Read or Download Leisure, Sports & Society PDF
Best sociology of sports books
This publication tackles problems with globalization within the English most popular League and unpicks what this implies to fan teams world wide, drawing upon a range of sociological theories to inform the tale of the neighborhood and worldwide repertoires of motion emanating from the preferred protests at Liverpool and Manchester United soccer golf equipment.
With a world line-up of members, this book examines demanding situations to racism in and during game. It addresses different brokers of swap within the context of wider socio-political shifts and explores problems with coverage formation, practices in activity and anti-racism in recreation, and the problem to game at the present time.
This ebook examines the impression of the 2008 Beijing Olympics and the 2012 London Olympic video games and highlights the newest? findings? within the parts of game coverage, elite activities system,? game media, activity facility administration? and activity social? improvement in? the 2 host nations - China and Britain. ?
From coast to coast, hockey is performed, watched, enjoyed, and detested, however it potential anything assorted in Quebec. even though a lot of English Canada believes that hockey is a fanatically social unifier within the French-speaking province, in truth it has continuously been politicized, divided, and afflicted by means of faith, type, gender, and language.
- Baltimore Sports: Stories from Charm City (Sport, Culture, and Society)
- Spitzensport, Doping und Religion: Theoretische Überlegungen zum Einfluss von Religiosität auf das Dopingverhalten (German Edition)
- The Meaning of Leisure: Definitions and Practices among Migrant and Non-Migrant Women in an Urban Space (Leisure Studies in a Global Era)
- The Fantasy Sport Industry: Games within Games (Routledge Research in Sport, Culture and Society)
- Fahrradkuriere. Eine sportliche Subkultur? (German Edition)
Additional resources for Leisure, Sports & Society
Leisure, Sports & Society by Karl Spracklen