By Robert A. Stebbins
Read or Download Leisure Activities in Context: A Micro-Macro/Agency-Structure Interpretation of Leisure PDF
Best sociology of sports books
This booklet tackles problems with globalization within the English top-rated League and unpicks what this suggests to fan teams all over the world, drawing upon a range of sociological theories to inform the tale of the neighborhood and international repertoires of motion emanating from the preferred protests at Liverpool and Manchester United soccer golf equipment.
With a global line-up of individuals, this book examines demanding situations to racism in and during activity. It addresses the various brokers of switch within the context of wider socio-political shifts and explores problems with coverage formation, practices in activity and anti-racism in game, and the problem to activity at the present time.
This booklet examines the impression of the 2008 Beijing Olympics and the 2012 London Olympic video games and highlights the most recent? findings? within the parts of game coverage, elite activities system,? activity media, game facility administration? and game social? improvement in? the 2 host international locations - China and Britain. ?
From coast to coast, hockey is performed, watched, enjoyed, and detested, however it skill whatever various in Quebec. even if a lot of English Canada believes that hockey is a fanatically social unifier within the French-speaking province, in fact it has constantly been politicized, divided, and through faith, classification, gender, and language.
- Battleground: Sports (Battleground Series)
- Working Out: The Psychology of Sport and Exercise: The Psychology of Sport and Exercise (The Psychology of Everyday Life)
- Suicide Squeeze: Taylor Hooton, Rob Garibaldi, and the Fight against Teenage Steroid Abuse
- The Urban Geography of Boxing: Race, Class, and Gender in the Ring (Routledge Research in Sport, Culture and Society)
- The Politics of In/Visibility: Being There (Genders and Sexualities in the Social Sciences)
Extra info for Leisure Activities in Context: A Micro-Macro/Agency-Structure Interpretation of Leisure
Leisure Activities in Context: A Micro-Macro/Agency-Structure Interpretation of Leisure by Robert A. Stebbins