By David Ranc
Divided into 3 case stories on Glasgow (Celtic and Rangers), Paris Saint-Germain and Arsenal in London, the e-book adopts a multidisciplinary method of chart the evolution of the hyperlink among supporters and membership among 1995 and this day. it's in keeping with huge examine in the course of the press of 3 international locations, in addition to interviews with officers and supporters.
Read Online or Download Foreign players and football supporters PDF
Best sociology of sports books
This ebook tackles problems with globalization within the English optimum League and unpicks what this suggests to fan teams worldwide, drawing upon a range of sociological theories to inform the tale of the neighborhood and international repertoires of motion emanating from the preferred protests at Liverpool and Manchester United soccer golf equipment.
With a world line-up of individuals, this book examines demanding situations to racism in and during recreation. It addresses different brokers of switch within the context of wider socio-political shifts and explores problems with coverage formation, practices in activity and anti-racism in recreation, and the problem to game this day.
This publication examines the impression of the 2008 Beijing Olympics and the 2012 London Olympic video games and highlights the newest? findings? within the components of game coverage, elite activities system,? activity media, recreation facility administration? and recreation social? improvement in? the 2 host international locations - China and Britain. ?
From coast to coast, hockey is performed, watched, enjoyed, and detested, however it capability anything diversified in Quebec. even supposing a lot of English Canada believes that hockey is a fanatically social unifier within the French-speaking province, in fact it has constantly been politicized, divided, and stricken by way of faith, classification, gender, and language.
- DC Sports: The Nation's Capital at Play (Sport, Culture, and Society)
- Cities and Gender (Routledge Critical Introductions to Urbanism and the City)
- Successful Elite Sports Policies: An international comparison of the Sports Policy factors Leading to International Sporting Success (SPLISS 2.0) in 15 nations
- Kampfsport und Gewaltbereitschaft: Inwiefern eignet sich Kampfsport als gewaltpräventive Maßnahme bei Kindern und Jugendlichen? (German Edition)
- Sport and the Transformation of Modern Europe: States, media and markets 1950-2010 (CRESC)
Additional info for Foreign players and football supporters
Foreign players and football supporters by David Ranc