By Roger Bartlett,Chris Gratton,Christer G. Rolf
Now to be had in paperback, the Encyclopedia of foreign activities Studies is the main authoritative and complete single-volume reference paintings ever released on game. With over 1000000 phrases of textual content prepared into greater than one thousand entries and articles, it covers the complete variety of sub-disciplines inside activities experiences; together with medical, social clinical and scientific techniques.
The encyclopedia is alphabetically prepared and contains:
- principal articles masking key disciplinary components, reminiscent of activities economics and activities historical past
- large topical entries on relevant topics reminiscent of resistance education and the analysis of activities accidents
- smaller topical entries on topics reminiscent of go education and projectile movement
- short overviews of different very important phrases and ideas, from metabolism and motivation to muscle tension-length relationship.
With over one hundred fifty contributing authors from the U.S., united kingdom, Canada, Australia, South Africa, Japan, New Zealand, Hong Kong and continental Europe, the Encyclopedia of overseas activities Studies is an unprecedented paintings of activities scholarship. Accessibly written, facts-fronted and together with complete cross-referencing and publications to extra interpreting all through, this can be a necessary addition to the bookshelf of any scholar, researcher, instructor or expert operating in recreation.
Read or Download Encyclopedia of International Sports Studies PDF
Similar sociology of sports books
This ebook tackles problems with globalization within the English most efficient League and unpicks what this implies to fan teams world wide, drawing upon a range of sociological theories to inform the tale of the neighborhood and worldwide repertoires of motion emanating from the preferred protests at Liverpool and Manchester United soccer golf equipment.
With a world line-up of individuals, this book examines demanding situations to racism in and during game. It addresses different brokers of switch within the context of wider socio-political shifts and explores problems with coverage formation, practices in activity and anti-racism in recreation, and the problem to activity this present day.
This e-book examines the impression of the 2008 Beijing Olympics and the 2012 London Olympic video games and highlights the most recent? findings? within the components of recreation coverage, elite activities system,? game media, recreation facility administration? and game social? improvement in? the 2 host nations - China and Britain. ?
From coast to coast, hockey is performed, watched, enjoyed, and detested, however it skill anything diverse in Quebec. even if a lot of English Canada believes that hockey is a fanatically social unifier within the French-speaking province, in truth it has continuously been politicized, divided, and bothered by way of faith, type, gender, and language.
- Von der Überlebens- zur Erlebnisgesellschaft - Welche Auswirkungen hat das auf den Sport? (German Edition)
- Playing with the Big Boys: Basketball, American Imperialism, and Subaltern Discourse in the Philippines
- We Matter: Athletes and Activism
- Routledge Handbook of Qualitative Research in Sport and Exercise (Routledge International Handbooks)
- The Athlete's Dilemma: Sacrificing Health for Wealth and Fame
- Greed and Glory: How Doc Gooden, Donald Trump, Lawrence Taylor, George Steinbrenner, and Ed Koch Ruled New York in the 1980s
Additional resources for Encyclopedia of International Sports Studies
Encyclopedia of International Sports Studies by Roger Bartlett,Chris Gratton,Christer G. Rolf