By Marion Gindhart,Ursula Kundert
Read Online or Download Disputatio 1200-1800: Form, Funktion und Wirkung eines Leitmediums universitärer Wissenskultur (Trends in Medieval Philology) (German Edition) PDF
Best literary medieval criticism books
This quantity discusses, from an ancient and literary perspective, the ways that sanctification and the inscription of saintliness happen. Going past the normal different types of canonization, cult, liturgical veneration and hagiographical lives, the paintings increases basic matters pertaining to definitions of saints and saintliness in a interval prior to the idea that used to be crystallized in canon legislations.
Of their perform of aemulatio, the mimicry of older types of writing, the Augustan poets frequently regarded to the Greeks: Horace drew thought from the lyric poets, Virgil from Homer, and Ovid from Hesiod, Callimachus, and others. yet by the point of the nice Roman tragedian Seneca, the Augustan poets had supplanted the Greeks because the "classics" to which Seneca and his contemporaries referred.
The point of interest of this publication is medieval vernacular literature in Western Europe. Chapters are written via specialists within the quarter and current the present scholarship on the time this e-book used to be initially released in 1996. each one bankruptcy has a bibliography of vital works in that zone besides. this can be a thorough and trustworthy consultant to tendencies in learn on medieval Arthuriana.
Diverse from prior researches weighted towards historic description and person author and paintings, this e-book establishes a basic analytical approach and a multi-angled method to check chinese language literature. In old China, there has been no yes suggestion of natural literature. contemplating either glossy rules of literature and the corresponding conventional suggestion, this ebook greatly discusses Shi and Fu poetry, Ci poems and Qu verses, novels and essays.
- Critical Notes on Virgil: Editing the Teubner Text of the "Georgics" and the "Aeneid"
- Ennius and the Architecture of the Annales
- Reproducing Rome: Motherhood in Virgil, Ovid, Seneca, and Statius (Oxford Studies in Classical Literature and Gender Theory)
- Imagining the Jew in Anglo-Saxon Literature and Culture (Toronto Anglo-Saxon Series)
- Gottes Werk und Teufels Wirken: Traum, Vision, Imagination in der frühbyzantinischen monastischen Literatur (Millennium-Studien / Millennium Studies) (German Edition)
- Representations of Eve in Antiquity and the English Middle Ages (Routledge Studies in Medieval Religion and Culture)
Extra info for Disputatio 1200-1800: Form, Funktion und Wirkung eines Leitmediums universitärer Wissenskultur (Trends in Medieval Philology) (German Edition)
Disputatio 1200-1800: Form, Funktion und Wirkung eines Leitmediums universitärer Wissenskultur (Trends in Medieval Philology) (German Edition) by Marion Gindhart,Ursula Kundert