By D. R. F. Taylor,Tracey Lauriault
Cybercartography: concept and Practice examines the key parts of cybercartography and emphasizes the significance of interplay among idea and perform in constructing a paradigm which strikes past the idea that of Geographic details structures and Geographical details technology. It argues for the centrality of the map as a part of an built-in details, conversation, and analytical package.
This quantity is end result of the a multidisciplinary staff attempt and has benefited from the enter of companions from govt, and different businesses. The foreign crew experiences on significant unique cybercartographic study and perform from quite a few disciplinary views, together with the arts, social sciences together with human components psychology, cybernetics, English literature, cultural mediation, cartography, and geography. This new synthesis has intrinsic worth for industries, most of the people, and the relationships among mapping and the advance of user-centered multimedia interfaces.
* Discusses the centrality of the map and its significance within the info period
* presents an interdisciplinary method with contributions from psychology, track, and language and literature
* Describes qualitative and quantitative points of cybercartography and the significance of societal context within the interplay among thought and practice
* includes an interactive CD-Rom containing colour pictures, hyperlinks to web content, plus different very important details to seize the dynamic and interactive parts of cybercartography
Read or Download Cybercartography: Theory and Practice (Modern Cartography Series) PDF
Similar human geography books
Handwriting and hand-printing research is utilized to many sorts of research: fraud, murder, suicide, drug trafficking and clandestine labs, sexual offences, threats and extortion, brlackmail, arson, bombings, and robbery. this article covers the key rules occupied with handwriting and hand-printing research.
In accordance with in-depth study in Poland and Slovakia, Domesticating Neo-Liberalism addresses how we comprehend the techniques of neo-liberalization in post-socialist towns. Builds upon an enormous volume of recent learn info Examines how families attempt to maintain their livelihoods at really dramatic and hard occasions of city transformation offers an incredible contribution to how we theorize the geographies of neo-liberalism bargains a end which informs discussions of social coverage inside ecu Union growth
This pioneering paintings strains migration of Indian investors to Russia, Iran, West Asia and South-East Asia in medieval instances. 4 essays throw mild at the actions of the Indian enterprise neighborhood in Russia. normally Indians got here to Russia through Iran. There they took a ship, crossed the Caspian Sea and reached the Russian port of Astrakhan.
Irish Ethnologies supplies an outline of the sector of Irish ethnology, overlaying consultant issues of institutional historical past and technique, in addition to case reviews facing faith, ethnicity, reminiscence, improvement, people song, and conventional cosmology. This number of essays attracts from paintings in a number of disciplines together with yet no longer restricted to anthropology and ethnomusicology.
- Lebensereignisse und Mobilität: Eine generationsübergreifende Untersuchung von Mobilitätsbiographien (Studien zur Mobilitäts- und Verkehrsforschung) (German Edition)
- The Struggle For Nature: A Critique of Environmental Philosophy (Environmental Philosophies)
- Ways of Walking: Ethnography and Practice on Foot (Anthropological Studies of Creativity and Perception)
- The Regions of Germany: A Reference Guide to History and Culture
- Women and Climate Change in Bangladesh (ASAA Women in Asia Series)
Extra resources for Cybercartography: Theory and Practice (Modern Cartography Series)
Cybercartography: Theory and Practice (Modern Cartography Series) by D. R. F. Taylor,Tracey Lauriault