By Harry M. Benshoff,Sean Griffin
- Provides a finished review of the commercial, socio-cultural, and aesthetic components that give a contribution to cinematic representations of race, type, gender, and sexuality
- Includes over a hundred illustrations, word list of keywords, questions for dialogue, and lists for extra reading/viewing
- Includes new case experiences of a couple of movies, together with Crash, Brokeback Mountain, and Quinceañera
Read Online or Download America on Film: Representing Race, Class, Gender, and Sexuality at the Movies PDF
Similar film & video art books
In 1929, Hollywood wealthy person William Fox (1879–1952) got here on the subject of controlling the complete movie undefined. His Fox movie company had grown from a $1600 funding right into a globe-spanning $300 million empire; he additionally held patents to the hot sound-on-film method. pressured right into a sequence of sour strength struggles, Fox used to be finally toppled from his throne, and the studio bearing his identify could merge in 1935 with Darryl F.
It’s a complete new global for cinematographers, digicam assistants, and postproduction artists. New apparatus, new equipment, and new applied sciences need to be realized and mastered. New roles akin to that of the DIT (Digital Imaging Technician), electronic Loader, and knowledge supervisor are necessary to today’s movie creation method.
Fifty Hollywood administrators introduces crucial, iconic and influential filmmakers who labored in Hollywood among the top of the silent interval and the beginning of the blockbuster. through exploring the historic, cultural and technological contexts during which each one director was once operating, this ebook lines the formative interval in advertisement cinema whilst administrators went from pioneers to heavyweights.
Dick Jones: the place the motion used to be is a nostalgic glance again at of the main action-packed early tv Westerns aimed toward the juvenile viewers, the variety Rider and Buffalo invoice, Jr. One guy had a starring position in either one of those indicates, Dick Jones, a former baby actor and gifted athlete. the point of interest is on motion.
- Robert Rossen: The Films and Politics of a Blacklisted Idealist
- Epic Sound: Music in Postwar Hollywood Biblical Films
- Visions of Avant-Garde Film: Polish Cinematic Experiments from Expressionism to Constructivism
- Horror Film and Affect: Towards a Corporeal Model of Viewership (Routledge Advances in Film Studies)
Extra info for America on Film: Representing Race, Class, Gender, and Sexuality at the Movies
America on Film: Representing Race, Class, Gender, and Sexuality at the Movies by Harry M. Benshoff,Sean Griffin