By Rolf Bergmann
Read Online or Download Althochdeutsche und altsächsische Literatur (De Gruyter Lexikon) (German Edition) PDF
Best literary medieval criticism books
This quantity discusses, from an ancient and literary perspective, the ways that sanctification and the inscription of saintliness ensue. Going past the conventional different types of canonization, cult, liturgical veneration and hagiographical lives, the paintings increases basic concerns referring to definitions of saints and saintliness in a interval ahead of the concept that used to be crystallized in canon legislations.
Of their perform of aemulatio, the mimicry of older types of writing, the Augustan poets frequently seemed to the Greeks: Horace drew idea from the lyric poets, Virgil from Homer, and Ovid from Hesiod, Callimachus, and others. yet by the point of the nice Roman tragedian Seneca, the Augustan poets had supplanted the Greeks because the "classics" to which Seneca and his contemporaries referred.
The focal point of this publication is medieval vernacular literature in Western Europe. Chapters are written via specialists within the region and current the present scholarship on the time this publication was once initially released in 1996. each one bankruptcy has a bibliography of significant works in that region in addition. this can be a thorough and trustworthy consultant to developments in learn on medieval Arthuriana.
Diversified from earlier researches weighted towards ancient description and person author and paintings, this publication establishes a normal analytical procedure and a multi-angled technique to envision chinese language literature. In old China, there has been no convinced suggestion of natural literature. contemplating either sleek principles of literature and the corresponding conventional inspiration, this e-book extensively discusses Shi and Fu poetry, Ci poems and Qu verses, novels and essays.
- The Protean Ass: The Metamorphoses of Apuleius from Antiquity to the Renaissance (Oxford Classical Monographs)
- In Dante's Wake: Reading from Medieval to Modern in the Augustinian Tradition
- PostScript to the Middle Ages: Teaching Medieval Studies Through Umberto Eco's the Name of the Rose
- Miroirs et jeux de miroirs dans la littérature médiévale (Interférences) (French Edition)
- C. Sallusti Crispi Historiae: I: Fragmenta 1.1-146 (Texte und Kommentare) (Italian Edition)
- The Education of Women and The Vices of Men: Two Qajar Tracts (Modern Intellectual and Political History of the Middle East)
Extra resources for Althochdeutsche und altsächsische Literatur (De Gruyter Lexikon) (German Edition)
Althochdeutsche und altsächsische Literatur (De Gruyter Lexikon) (German Edition) by Rolf Bergmann