By H. Naess
Read or Download A Sociology of the World Rally Championship: History, Identity, Memories and Place PDF
Similar sociology of sports books
This ebook tackles problems with globalization within the English preferable League and unpicks what this suggests to fan teams world wide, drawing upon a range of sociological theories to inform the tale of the neighborhood and worldwide repertoires of motion emanating from the preferred protests at Liverpool and Manchester United soccer golf equipment.
With a global line-up of members, this book examines demanding situations to racism in and during activity. It addresses different brokers of switch within the context of wider socio-political shifts and explores problems with coverage formation, practices in recreation and anti-racism in game, and the problem to recreation this day.
This e-book examines the effect of the 2008 Beijing Olympics and the 2012 London Olympic video games and highlights the most recent? findings? within the parts of activity coverage, elite activities system,? activity media, recreation facility administration? and game social? improvement in? the 2 host international locations - China and Britain. ?
From coast to coast, hockey is performed, watched, enjoyed, and detested, however it skill whatever various in Quebec. even though a lot of English Canada believes that hockey is a fanatically social unifier within the French-speaking province, actually it has continually been politicized, divided, and afflicted through faith, classification, gender, and language.
- Sport and Social Movements: From the Local to the Global (Globalizing Sport Studies)
- Repairing the Athlete's Image: Studies in Sports Image Restoration
- Olympic Legacies: Intended and Unintended: Political, Cultural, Economic and Educational (Sport in the Global Society)
- Dominican Baseball: New Pride, Old Prejudice
- How We Can Save Sports: A Game Plan
- Black Faces, White Spaces: Reimagining the Relationship of African Americans to the Great Outdoors
Additional resources for A Sociology of the World Rally Championship: History, Identity, Memories and Place
A Sociology of the World Rally Championship: History, Identity, Memories and Place by H. Naess